Saturday, May 16, 2009

Fit FactorY: Of Sore Throats, Strepsils, Natural Remedies

I got the sore throat bug yesterday and I've been sucking on Strepsils like they were candy, when it dawned on me that Strepsils lozenges are considered medicines! So I did a bit of researching and realized that you can only take 1 of them every 2 to 3 hours, and that you should only take a total of 6 of these lozenges per day.

I also went on a hunt for good home remedies for sore throat, and found the following natural remedies (half of which I'm already doing hahaha):

1. Gurgle warm salt water and/or Listerine
2. Drink Hot Tea or Hot Lemonade. Green tea is good!
3. Suck on garlic. Crush your teeth against the garlic
4. Drink lots of agua. Make sure you don't overdo it though because overbloating is bad.
5. Create an old-fashioned steam tent by draping your head with a towel and placing your head over a steamer or bowl of hot water.
6. If the sore throat persists too long, you should definitely go to the doctor because it might get worse and lead to further complications.

Hopefully, these will help me expedite the healing process because I still have a ton of work to do :P

~ Fit FactorY

No comments:

Post a Comment